- Ph.D., Geology, Iowa State University – 1982
- MA, Earth Science, University of Northern Iowa – 1976
- BA, Science and Religion, University of Northern Iowa – 1975
Areas of Specialization
- Mineralogy and Volcanology
- Geological Society of America
- Air Weather Association
- Air Force Association
- Paradigms in the Christian Missionfield, Workshop presented at the International Conference for Computers in Missions, Taylor University, 1995.
- Forecasting Severe Weather, Air Weather Service technical training video production,1990.
- Petrology and Diagenetic Features of the Fort Dodge Gypsum Beds, PhD thesis, 1982.
- Geologic History of the Arcadia Province on Mars, Master’s thesis, 1976.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence in the Identification of Minerals and Examination of Retardation, Paper presented to the Indiana Academy of Science, 1995.
- Jurassic Geology of the United States, Visiting Lecturer Series at Oxford University, England, 1984.
- The Banbury Ironstones: Jurassic Ironstones of Central England, Visiting Lecturer Series University of Southampton, England, 1986.
- Glaciation on Mars, Paper presented to the Iowa Academy of Science, 1976.
View Gary Bard’s curriculum vitae.