The University of Saint Francis is excited to offer a pre-pharmacy associates degree with two different tracks.
Traditional Track: 2 Year Associate Degree
The traditional track will provide you with the backbone courses need to apply to schools that offer a doctorate of pharmacy. Your course requirements will be tailored to help you meet the breadth of pharmacy schools that you are considering to complete your doctorate degree.
Dual acceptance Track: 2 Year Associate Degree with dual acceptance to Midwestern University
The University of Saint Francis and Midwestern University have teamed up to offer a dual acceptance program in Pharmacy. If you have an outstanding record as a high school student and wish to pursue a career as a pharmacist, you can apply to both USF and Midwestern University. If you are admitted, you will complete two years, or 64-68 credit hours, of core science courses at USF. This portion of the program will provide you with an Associate of Science in Pre-Pharmacy Chemistry. You will complete your remaining courses at the Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy. Upon completion of the program, you will receive your Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.).
To be dually admitted into this program, you must apply during your senior year of high school. Application deadlines are early February 2016! Acceptance into this program means you will not have to take a PCAT to attend Midwestern University. Lower SAT and ACT english and math scores may require courses to be completed during the summer in order to complete the program within the two-year time frame. For more information about this program, please contact Dr. Jean Elick.
Students in our pre-pharmacy chemistry program
Have a 100% placement rate into a pharmacy school or medical technology program.
- Work as pharmacy technicians in local pharmacies
- Were recorded doing research by Angel Hernandez, an Emmy-nominated director, for a documentary on the Tippecanoe River Valley.
- Received 3rd place for their poster presentation at an American Chemical Society Conference.
- Designed and conducted a lead (Pb) contamination analysis of local neighborhood housing exteriors with the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health. Over 80% of the houses analyzed were positive for lead (Pb) contamination.
- Presented their research at the Carnegie Institute in Pittsburgh, PA
Our alumni can be found at:
- Manchester University
- Midwestern University School of Pharmacy
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Charleston University School of Pharmacy
Your Pre-Pharmacy Chemistry Degree
To obtain your Associate of Science in Pre-Pharmacy Chemistry, you must complete the following courses at USF:
- iConnect (ICON 101)
- English Composition I (ENGL 101)
- English Composition II (ENGL 102)
- History (HIST 101)
- Philosophy (PHIL 211)
- General Psychology (PSYC 121)
- Calculus I (MATH 223)
- Speech (COMM 121)
- Economics (ECON 207 or 208)
- Principles of Chemistry I (CHEM 141)
- Principles of Chemistry II (CHEM 142)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHEM 241)
- Organic Chemistry II (CHEM 242)
- Chemistry Seminar (CHEM 480 and 481) – four semesters
- Principles of Biology I (BIOL 190)
- Principles of Biology II (BIOL 191)
- Anatomy and physiology (BIOL )
- Physics I (SCIE 257)
- Physics I (SCIE 258)