Welcome to the University of Saint Francis Department of Chemistry, Computer Science, and Mathematics!
The department of chemistry, computer science, and mathematics provides a solid foundation in chemical and mathematical principles and reasoning. Taught in the liberal arts tradition from a foundation of Franciscan values, our programs will provide you with an essential base of knowledge while preparing you to take leadership positions in your chosen field. In our programs you will:
- Gain firsthand experience in potential career aspirations through collaborative onsite research with faculty, undergraduate research experiences in research facilities across the nation including national laboratories, and industrial and medical internships
- Present your research at local, regional, and national scientific conferences across the country.
- Embrace our Franciscan nature through service learning experiences including providing free exterior testing of houses for lead paint in at risk neighborhoods.
- Develop an academic pathway that is unique to your intellectual pursuits due to our flexible curricula
Become one of our alumni!
In the past 5 years 100% of our alumni in all areas of chemistry, science and entrepreneurship, and pre-pharmacy within 6 months of graduating have:
- Been accepted to graduate, medical, or pharmacy school
- Placed into a medical technology program
- Began a job in their discipline
Check out what’s new in our department!
Congratulations to Dr. Geyer and her research students on their work featured in the newly released WNIT documentary on the Tippecanoe Watershed called As the Water Flows.
Congratulations to Dr. Paul Schmidt on his hard work earning a grant that led to our new solar car port! Thanks for being a key player in USF’s green initiatives.
Message from the Chair:
Our students amaze us with their innovative ideas, accomplishments, and dreams. Every student has a story, has a passion, has a love. As faculty we are blessed to have the opportunity to get to know and become part of our students’ stories. Our teaching methods are influenced by our students as much as our students are shaped by our disciplines. This creates a supportive environment that engages both our faculty and students in the everlasting process of learning while creating a life-long network of peers. As you are considering the University of Saint Francis please take the opportunity to review our website and feel free to contact me with questions.